MARTORELL, Spain, September 13, 2017
MARTORELL, Spain, September 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
How do parents choose the name of their newborn? Most begin by considering several options. They want it to reflect the qualities they would like their child to have and be easy to pronounce. It's exactly the same when the name of a new vehicle is selected. This is how the finalists were chosen to name SEAT's third SUV among the more than 10,000 proposals submitted:
Watch the video: https://youtu.be/tx8YJQI0Hr4
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20170405/486803LOGO )
(Photo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/554835/SEAT_Experts_Studying_Proposals.jpg )
(Photo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/554836/Seat_Unique.jpg )
(Photo: http://mma.prnewswire.com/media/554837/Seat_Name.jpg )
- Reflect its DNA: "The hallmark of the brand and the character of the model are the first things to take into account," explains SEAT Product Marketing director Lucas Casasnovas.
- Be easy to pronounce: "A name must not be too long to be easy to remember. For this model we want a name with five or six letters," says Casasnovas. The chosen name will be pronounced in more than 80 countries where SEAT exports its cars, so we "have to check that its phonetic features work," explains Núria Vila, an expert in naming from the Nombra agency.
- Be unique: The contenders are checked that they have not already been registered by other brands in any of the countries where SEAT operates.
- Opinions matter: "What does this name evoke?" "What does it make you think about?" are some of the questions answered by the participants of a focus group. The research was carried out in several countries such as Spain, Germany and France and the insights gained were essential to determine whether the shortlisted names would be successful.
- The last word: After announcing the finalist place names at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the company is leaving the final decision in the hands of the public who can cast their vote at seat.es/buscanombre and seat.com/seekingname . The name that gets the most votes will be the winner and will be announced before 15 October.