SAN FRANCISCO, September 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global protein purification and isolation market is expected to be USD 9.5 billion by 2025, based on a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increased funding from both public and private research organizations for research and development of structure-based drugs and technological advancements are key drivers for the market.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160524/371361LOGO )
Demand is increasing for the development of protein purification products based on single use purification process owing to increased proteomics research and rising need to identify new protein-based ligands with high specificity. Availability of a wide range of novel resins specific for different end users is estimated to be one of the drivers increasing the adoption rate of protein purification techniques.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Protein Purification and Isolation Market Analysis By Technology (Ultrafiltration, Precipitation, Chromatography, Electrophoresis), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/protein-purification-isolation-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Reagents were observed to be the largest as well as the fastest growing segment under the product outlook. These are highly used during cell lysis and help in separating soluble proteins from the cell debris.
- Increasing adoption of automated protein purification techniques for achieving desired purity & process consistency and saving time is estimated to result in stable growth of the segment
- On the basis of technology, chromatography held a significant share of the market owing to factors such as high reliability, availability of a wide range of products, and improved results for purifying complex proteins.
- High R&D initiatives undertaken by market players for the screening of potential drugs through protein-protein interaction and structure-based studies is estimated to contribute toward fastest growth of the drug screening segment
- By end use, CROs are considered as the fastest growing segment. Increase in investments in the R&D sector is expected to contribute toward market growth
- In 2016, North America held the largest share owing to advancements in the technology, presence of major players, and established infrastructure especially in this region, which acts as a driving force to the market
- The highest CAGR is anticipated in Asia Pacific over the forecast period due to a rise in economic stability, increasing number of CROs, and growing R&D in academic & research institutes
- Some of the key players of this market are Thermo Fisher Scientific; Merck KGaA; Sigma-Aldrich Co.; QIAGEN; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Agilent Technologies; Promega Corporation; GE Healthcare; Norgen Biotek Corporation; and Abcam plc.
- Some of the strategies implemented by these companies are mergers & acquisitions, strategic collaborations, and expansion of product portfolio through R&D initiatives, which have helped the market grow.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Grand View Research has segmented the protein purification and isolation market on the basis of products, technology, application, end use, and region:
- Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Magnetic beads
- Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Ion exchange chromatography
- Affinity chromatography
- Reversed phase chromatography
- Size exclusion chromatography
- Hydrophobic interaction chromatography
- Gel electrophoresis
- Isoelectric focusing
- Capillary electrophoresis
- Western Blotting
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Drug screening
- Biomarker discovery
- Protein-protein interaction studies
- End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Academic and research institutes
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/technology
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519