SAN FRANCISCO, November 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global liquid handling technology market is expected to reach USD 5.54 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Major pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies are rapidly integrating robotic solutions including automated liquid handling workstations to enhance their workflows, which in turn, is expected to drive the market growth in the coming years.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/661327/Grand_View_Research_Logo.jpg )
The investment by pharmaceutical companies in global drug development continues to increase. Clinical trials for the robust drug pipelines of these companies is projected to further increase the investments in R&D. These pharma players are competing to sustain the growing competition in the pharmaceutical industry. As a result, companies are more focused on eliminating errors, reducing processing steps, and fulfilling standard regulatory conditions to accelerate their workflows. As advanced liquid handling platforms provide all these benefits, demand for automated liquid handling workstations is expected to increase significantly during the forecast period.
Technology advancements in liquid handling solutions has led to the development of liquid handling systems that perform serial dilution, plate replication, PCR set-up, plate reformatting, and high-throughput screening more efficiently. Emerging fields such as genetics, epigenetics, and single cell analysis are identified with high potential applications in drug discovery, cancer research, and molecular diagnostics. Rising research activities in aforementioned domains are expected to foster advancements in this market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Liquid Handling Technology Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Product, By Type (Automated), By Application (Drug Discovery), By End User (CRO), and Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025"at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/liquid-handling-technology-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Consumables accounted for the largest revenue share in 2017 owing to the high volume sales and higher market penetration
- However, the entry of third-party manufacturers which provide plastic consumables such as disposable tips, compatible with automated systems at a lower cost is expected to hinder the growth of this segment to a certain extent in the coming years
- Automated workstations are expected to grow at fastest pace owing to the continuous increase in complicated research projects that require sophisticated instruments
- Growing trend of outsourcing pharmaceutical services to save time and resources is expected to boost the adoption of these solution in CROs
- Rapid adoption of advanced genetic technologies, the high cost of hiring skilled professionals, and presence of key players are some key factors that are attributive to the largest share of North America in 2017
- However, Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to the rising interest of global companies and research communities in emerging economies of this region
- Substantial economic developments in these countries has resulted into rise in investments in life science, medicine, and pharmaceutical sectors
- Progress in these sectors is anticipated to propel the demand automated technology at various levels from low-to-high throughput applications in the Asian market
- Some key players operating in this market include Beckman Coulter, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Eppendorf AG, Hamilton Company,
- These players are involved in the development of novel technology platforms to support the changing liquid handling needs of various end users.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Legionella Testing Market - The global legionella testing market size was valued at USD 160.0 million in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.4% during forecast period.
- Orthobiologics Market - The global orthobiologics market size was valued at USD 5.0 Billion in 2015 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period.
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market - The global Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) market size was valued at USD 4.62 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to experience significant growth over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global liquid handling technology market report on the basis of product, type, application, end user, and region:
- Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Automated Workstations
- Standalone Workstations
- Integrated Workstations
- Small Devices
- Electronic Pipettes
- Manual Pipettes
- Pipette Controllers
- Disposable Tips
- Tubes & Plates
- Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Automated Liquid Handling
- Manual Liquid Handling
- Semi-Automated Liquid Handling
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Drug Discovery & ADME-Tox Research
- Cancer & Genomic Research
- End User Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- Academic & Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519