SAN FRANCISCO, January 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --
The global viral vector & plasmid DNA manufacturing market size is expected to reach USD 882.9 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., rising at a 16.0% CAGR during the forecast period. Rising number of gene therapy-based discovery programs in the pharma industry is one of the key trends driving the production of gene therapy vectors. Moreover, a robust pipeline of viral vaccines and gene therapies has prompted companies to develop novel and effective technologies for scalable manufacturing of vectors. Current vector manufacturing process is considered highly regulated, elaborate, and expensive.
(Logo: https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/661327/Grand_View_Research_Logo.jpg )
Key suggestions from the report:
- Adenovirus and retrovirus were prominent vector type segments in the market in 2017. These can be produced at high titers and induce a strong humoral and, especially, a strong T cell response, as a result of which these vector type is extensively employed in vaccines
- Lentiviral production costs nearly up to 40.0% of the total cost of goods, thus inducing revenue growth in this vector type
- Downstream processing accounted for the largest share in 2017, owing to requirement of expensive equipment and skilled personnel for product recovery
- In terms of application, vector manufacturing for antisense, RNAi, & molecular therapy production represented the leading revenue share in 2017. This is due to high adoption rate of viruses for oligonucleotide and aptamers development in comparison to other applications
- The number of biotech companies that are engaged in employing vector for therapeutic production continue to increase over the period
- Recent approval of cancer gene therapy products encourages further efforts in this arena, thus resulting in the cancer segment holding the dominant revenue share
- North America led the global market owing to presence of several universities and research institutes that are engaged in genomic research programs
- Cobra Biologics, Merck, uniQure N.V., and Novasep are some key participants that are focusing towards capitalizing of untapped avenues in the market.
Read 170 page research report with TOC on "Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market Analysis Report By Application, By Disease (Cancer, Genetic), By Workflow (Upstream, Downstream), By Vector, By End Use, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/viral-vector-manufacturing-market
Moreover, at present, there is a shortage of production sites to meet the demand by the pharmaceutical industry for vector construction services. These factors have created opportunities for companies to capitalize on potential avenues in the market through developing novel solutions.
Key growth strategies adopted by companies to sustain their market presence include continuous expansion of manufacturing sites in high-demand markets such as the U.S. and U.K. Moreover, companies are engaged in strategic mergers & facility acquisitions to meet growing requirements of viral vectors within the pharmaceutical and biotech industries and to broaden their service portfolios.
Connect with our analyst for specific inquiries about this market
Grand View Research has segmented the global viral vector & plasmid DNA manufacturing market on the basis of vector type, workflow, application, end-use, disease, and region:
- Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Vector Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Plasmid DNA
- Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Upstream Processing
- Vector Amplification & Expansion
- Vector Recovery/Harvesting
- Downstream Processing
- Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Antisense, RNAi, & Molecular Therapy
- Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Research Institutes
- Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Disease Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Genetic Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Viral Vector & Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow) Treatment Market - Rising prevalence of elbow tendons swelling coupled with increasing incidences of pain in elbow joints are the major factors driving the global lateral epicondylitis treatment market.
- Multi-Infarct Dementia Market - Rising prevalence of strokes and blockage in brain nerves is expected to be major factor driving the global multi infarct dementia market.
- Clinical Diagnostics Market - Development of sophisticated and specialized tests for early disease detection and disease management and increasing demand for lab automation are the key drivers of clinical diagnostics market.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter