SAN FRANCISCO, March 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global single-use bioprocessing market size is expected to reach USD 33.0 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 12.8% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Owing to the high demand for biopharmaceuticals, suppliers' product portfolios of disposables have become more robust. Single-use bioprocessing equipment suppliers are working closely with customers to fulfill the growing expectations of customers. Furthermore, significant advancements in bioreactor designing, stirring systems, and film technologies have spurred the revenue in the market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Simple and peripheral elements dominated the revenue share in 2019 owing to the high usage of transfer systems and bags
- In addition, expanding applications of disposable sensors in upstream biopharmaceutical production has also driven the segment revenue
- Apparatus and plants are expected to grow at a significant growth rate due to the increase in investment in the disposable for downstream applications such as filtration and purification
- Also, constant development in Single-Use Bioreactors (SUBs) with respect to scale and working volume is driving the segment
- Currently, the major application of disposables is in upstream bioprocessing, leading to the large revenue share of this segment
- The high usage rate of SUBs coupled with the continuous introduction of novel products to accelerate upstream processing is anticipated to spur revenue growth in this segment
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturers are estimated as the largest key end-users of this single-use bioprocessing market
- The continuous expansion of single-use manufacturing facilities by contract manufacturing organizations is one of the key drivers for the growth of biopharmaceutical manufacturers
- North America captured the largest revenue share in 2019 as a result of the presence of a substantial number of key biopharmaceutical developers in the region
- Moreover, U.S. encompasses the largest biopharmaceutical market, which has positively influenced the uptake of disposables in this country
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market, with China and India at the forefront, owing to the continuous expansion of biomanufacturing capabilities in the region
- Domestic players are collaborating with global players for the establishment of joint ventures to drive biologics product in the region
- This is anticipated to increase the use of SUS in Asia Pacific bioprocessing industry
- Key players including GE Healthcare, Sartorius AG, Lonza, and Eppendorf AG dominate the market
- With the wide acceptance of single-use bioprocessing products within the biopharmaceutical industry, these companies continue to supplant their conventional bioprocessing product line with new disposable products
Read 225 page research report with ToC on "Single-use Bioprocessing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Bioreactors, Sensors), By Workflow (Downstream, Upstream), By End Use (OEM, CMOs, CROs), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/single-use-bioprocessing-market/
Increasing demand for disposables consumables has led to several acquisitions, mergers, and partnerships. For instance, Wego Pharmaceuticals is engaged in a partnership with GE Healthcare for the manufacturing of disposables. Similarly, Emergent BioSolutions is working in collaboration with ABEC for the establishment of a Single-use System (SUS)-based dual plant in Maryland.
Intelligent biomanufacturing holds great potential in further advancements of single-use manufacturing. Thus, a substantial number of manufacturers are shifting towards automating their workflows which involves the use of SUS. In addition, an increase in the budget of biomanufacturers to incorporate new solutions within their manufacturing plants is anticipated to boost the adoption rate in the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global single-use bioprocessing market on the basis of product, workflow, end use, and region:
- Single-use Bioprocessing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Simple & Peripheral Elements
- Tubing, Filters, Connectors, & Transfer Systems
- Sampling Systems
- Probe & Sensors
- pH Sensor
- Oxygen Sensors
- Pressure Sensors
- Temperature Sensors
- Conductivity Sensors
- Flow Sensors
- Other Sensors
- Tubing, Filters, Connectors, & Transfer Systems
- Bioreactors, By Capacity
- Upto 1000 L
- Above 1000 to 2000 L
- Above 2000 L
- Mixing, Storage, & Filling Systems
- Filtration system
- Chromatography Systems
- Work Equipment
- Cell Culture System
- Single-use Bioprocessing Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Single-use Bioprocessing End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Large Enterprise
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Single-use Bioprocessing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Protein Stability Analysis Market – Protein stability analysis is an essential step in therapeutics stability studies that enables the assessment of factors causing aggregation and degradation of proteins.
- Next Generation Sequencing Market – Numerous advantages offered by high throughput sequencing over other genetic technologies such as sanger-seq and microarray is one of the key driving forces of the market for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Tissue Engineering Market – The development of specialized procedures including implant fixing and sterilization to transform allogeneic implants so for application as biostatic implants is expected to drive revenue generation in this market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter