SAN FRANCISCO, March 12, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global nurse call systems market size is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 11.4%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing adoption of digital healthcare, growing demand for patient safety and care are expected to boost market growth. In addition, continuous technological advancements to bring new levels of communication enabling the widest range of applications configuration at home care, hospitals, or residential facilities are also expected to increase the demand for the market. In December 2018, Ascom Holdings AG has received the approval certificate from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as class II 510(k), for Digistat Smart Central software solution increasing the scope of the Ascom Healthcare to expand their presence in the U.S. hospitals.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The wired communication equipment segment dominated the market in 2019 due to ongoing advancements in technology and healthcare facilities. Rapid growth of wireless communication nurse call system can be attributed to factors such as low cost of installation, easy integration with other devices, and ease of mobility. In January 2019, the Hill Rom launched its LINQ mobile application for improvement in communication between the patient and caregiver formerly in U.S. and Canada with further expansion to Europe
- In the type segment, nurse call integrated communication systems held the largest share of the nurse call system market in 2019, owing to the advancement in communication system, availability of data to be used by healthcare personnel, and rising demand for improved quality of care
- Wanderer control dominated the application segment of the market in 2019 owing to ease of communication, growing demand for digital technology, and rising prevalence of aging population adopting nurse call systems
- Hospitals have a major share of the end-use segment of the market in 2019, owing to the patient flow and the increasing chronic and emergency case patients. Hospitals are revamping their older nurse call systems and funding infrastructure supporting system integration. Moreover, researchers are filing patents for technologies that offer uninterrupted communication
- North America was the largest regional market in 2019 owing to the establishment of separate certification and coding system and presence of key market players in the region. In October 2018, Tunstall Healthcare acquired Kanayo Software Inc., and EWII Telecare to expand its Connected Health solutions. The acquisition provided Tunstall with expertise in Software and App products in health and social care
- Some key players in this market include Hill-Rom Holding, Inc., Tyco SimplexGrinnell, Ascom Holding, Honeywell International, Inc., Rauland-Borg Corporation, TekTone Sound & Signal Mfg., Inc., Stanley Healthcare, Azure Healthcare, West-Com Nurse Call Systems, Inc., and Critical Alert Systems LLC.
Read 120 page research report with ToC on "Nurse Call Systems Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Wired Communication Equipment, Wireless Communication Equipment), By Type, By Application, By End Use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/nurse-call-system-equipments-industry
With the increasing life expectancy and changing healthcare requirements, the burden on national insurance bodies has increased. Owing to this factor, Medicare penalizes healthcare facilities with hospital readmissions within 30 days. The government is providing funds for research, which can help caregivers to streamline the entire process with the aid of technology. For instance, in April 2015, the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) granted USD 160,000 for appropriate and effective use of technology.
Grand View Research has segmented the global nurse call system market based on technology, type, application, end use, and region:
- Nurse Call System Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Wired Communication Equipment
- Wireless Communication Equipment
- Nurse Call System Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Nurse Call Integrated Communication Systems
- Nurse Call Buttons
- Nurse Call Mobile Systems
- Nurse Call Intercoms
- Nurse Call System Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Alarms & Communications
- Workflow Optimization
- Wanderer Control
- Fall Detection & Prevention
- Nurse Call System End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Nurse Call System Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Medical Robotic Systems Market – The global medical robotic systems market size was valued at USD 7,470.7 million in 2014 and is expected to grow at a double digit CAGR over the forecast period.
- Patient Positioning Systems Market – The global patient positioning systems market size was valued at USD 942.8 million in 2016 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period.
- Pulmonary Drug Delivery Systems Market – The global pulmonary drug delivery devices/systems market size was estimated at USD 36.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter