COLOGNE, Germany, December 8, 2014
Security has top priority! To enjoy an untroubled ski holiday there are a number of things to consider, from thorough preparations to right behaviour on the slopes. SnowTrex has listed the top 10 tips for a safe ski holiday.
1) Preparation: Thanks to a detailed packing list you will not forget anything, double-check your equipment and be well prepared before you leave.
2) Fitness and self-assessment: Train your personal stamina beforehand and warm up thoroughly before hitting the slopes and then be considerate of other riders.
3) FIS piste rules: These 10 golden rules should be known to all riders on the slopes!
4) Helmet obligation: Today a ski helmet is part of the general equipment stock, just like goggles and ski poles.
5) Secure equipment: Almost every fifth accident is due to failure in equipment. Up-to-date equipment and good service ensure a safe descent.
6) Body protection: For freestylers and freeriders protectors for the back, hands and joints should always be a part of the holiday.
7) Insurance: Be prepared against illness, breakage or theft - and enjoy your holiday all the more.
8) Alcohol consumption: Drunk on the piste? Absolutely not!
9) Piste emergency number: 140, 118, 15 - which number for which country?
10) Safe on the go: Avalanche risk , avalanche equipment, respect for nature -
A more detailed version of security tips by SnowTrex can be found here: 10-Tips-for-a-safe-ski-holiday
TravelTrex is one of Europe's leading winter sports holiday specialists and offers attractive ski trips to over 20 destination countries via their website, which is available in 15 languages. More information about TravelTrex can be found here: Newsroom
For further information and printable images please contact:
Source: TravelTrex GmbH
Copyright (c) 2014 PR Newswire